Monday, May 7, 2007

My Old Home

I was using Google Maps today to locate the place I'm going in a little while to get a consultation for the removal of my wisdom teeth. It's supposedly just down the street from my dentist's place, but the reception called me a few days ago to give me very obscure directions. She told me a few times that the route I would be taking would take much longer and gave the impression that I wouldn't be able to find it. Look, it's on the same road and about 700 building numbers away, but that's not a lot, considering each individual office building and house gets it's own number. According to the map, it's 4.8 km away and a straight line to get there.

Anyhow, I've been looking for this picture, but couldn't find it and would have been too lazy to scan it, because I don't like my all-in-one. Since I now have a satellite image of the location of my house, I figured I might as well make a post of it.

This is the actual house. It has a white sign next to the garage from when it was tagged by the builder and we hadn't removed it yet. I like the colour of the garage here much better than the awful pumpkin colour that was supposed to be beige. It gives an idea of the distance between the houses, because it's wider than it looks in the satellite image. My room is directly above the garage, but I usually sleep in my brother's room, which is the room on the right, because he's away. The centre window is just part of the hall. The front door is almost directly below it. We have interlock paving and it seems that this picture was taken before we did the landscaping and everything. I'm not too concerned about posting this picture, because a lot of these suburban houses look similar, but they did make an effort not to put identical ones next to each other.


This is the image of it from above. Yvonne lives directly across the street. The compass isn't actually pointing North; it's more North-East. North is approximately parallel to road on the left, but I'm used to drawing vertical compasses for world maps at school, so I forgot and it's already been uploaded. It's a nice day outside today, about 17 °C outside with some wind. I might post what I wore yesterday, because I did take some pictures while I was photographing some other items, because I never know what to wear for this kind of weather. It can change quite dramatically and I feel cold easily and when the air-conditioning is on. My mom is the opposite, but recently it's become even more unpredictable, which in turn affects the temperature inside. Most of the time, I'm freezing, but I'm already used to that.

No comments: