Thursday, July 26, 2007

Do you really want to hurt me?

Boy George sure does. He's been haunting me all day. The strange thing was that I forgot that he sang "Do you really want to hurt me?" with Culture Club. Good old New Wave. I just kept seeing his face and hearing the song but couldn't make the connection. Strange.

Then I came home, turned on the television and there he was, singing that very song while they were talking about how Boy George dressing in drag was what really made Culture Club stand out and gain popularity. I've never even seen the video before either and I still haven't as I'm writing this post, so here it is:



I was telling my mom about it and she thought I was talking about George Michael the whole time. When she said that she thought he was quite "manly" before it was revealed that he was gay and before the scandal, that's when I realized that she was thinking about the wrong guy. Boy George dressed in drag and his run in with the law was very, very different from George Michael's. "Oh, him! That plump old maid!" Yes, it was very obvious that he was gay. His time in prison really destroyed him and I shudder when I think how awful it must have been for him. He certainly did not get Paris Hilton's VIP treatment.

No comments: