Friday, July 27, 2007

A Gloomy Friday

Today didn't quite follow my usual routine, but that's always affected with any kind of notable change. I watched Donnie Darko in two segments. It had to be the earliest that I had ever started watching a movie. It was grey outside, but it didn't rain like it was supposed to.




I really liked the song near the end of the movie, Mad World by Gary Jules. It was strange because it suited the day perfectly, as if it was the theme song. It fit in with my research, writing and everything else I was doing, feeling, and thinking about for the entire day. The lyrics are quite clear, so I don't think I need to post them.

I've included the music video for the song and not the ending of the movie, just in case it ruins the movie for someone. Besides, it's a really unique one worth watching and I'd recommend seeing the movie if you haven't already. I've seen it before, but I forgot most of it and I don't think I was paying attention. It made me think, as well as how it would relate it to my own life.

No comments: