Friday, August 10, 2007

In Response to Pastafarians...

I don't know if I like the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster so much. There's something that bothers me about it. I still think I favour the Church of Hot Addiction. The music video gets really strange around the end, so you should click on the link and download the track I've uploaded for you.

Cobra Starship is probably best known for their catchy song, "Snakes on a Plane (Bring It)", which was not written or set to the film, Snakes on a Plane. My favourite part in the entire song is by Travis McCoy from Gym Class Heroes:

Ladies and gentlemen,
These snakes is slitherin'
With dollar signs in they eyes
With tongues so reptilians
This industry's venomous
With cold-blooded sentiments
No need for nervousness
It's just a little turbulence

They ended up making a music video for it with appearances by Samuel L. Jackson and Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked that, in a strange way! ;)
My first company - 20 odd years ago - was called White Rabbit dispatch, thus named from the Alice in Wonderland character who is always checking his pocket watch and and exclaiming "I'll be late..."
The logo looked good anyway!! Even if inappropriate for an "always on time" courier company. :)

liquidblackout said...

That sounds like fun :)
Did you deliver via motorcycle? That would have been an interesting match ;)

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was a motorcycle dispatch company, consisting mainly of, well, me! I formed it to solidify tax returns and company status for tax deductibles etc. and I just thought the name and subliminal images behind it were so cool!
Worked well in the advertising/graphics industry where people have imagination and humour, bombed totally in the corporate world where the slogan "we're always late..." didn't quite hit the selling point ;) ;)