Saturday, July 21, 2007

Queen of the Golden Age of Burlesque



Dita Von Teese is my favourite female celebrity, hands down. I think she's beautifully talented and it was great that she came to Toronto for the benefit event for HIV/AIDS, which is why I was reminded to make this post.

She rose to fame through her relationship with Marilyn Manson, which is when I first took notice of her. They seemed to make the perfect pair at the time, especially when he put out his album, The Golden Age of Grotesque, which is one of the only CDs I've ever purchased. She appears near the end of his mOBSCENE video, but it's unfortunate that I can't embed it, so you'll have to follow the link if you really want to see it her.

From wikipedia:

"Through the wearing of a corset for many years, she had reduced her natural waistline to 22 inches, and can be laced down as far as 16 and a half inches. A diminutive person already, Von Teese stands at only 5'3" and weighs 105 pounds."

I think that's pretty awesome. It's even better that she divorced from Manson. He's getting old and she's too good for him. Think what you like, but she's pretty high on the list of my idols :]

No comments: