Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Busy Day

I had an appointment yesterday at Markham-Stouffville Hospital, then made a trip to Chapters and picked up about $60 worth of books (including tax and after iRewards 10% discount). However, I did manage to make a hat in just a few hours yesterday, so that was productive. I'll take pictures of it soon.

When my dad came home from work, we went to Costco, then No Frills (Warden & Hwy. 7; I don't like that one), and finally Future Shop, where they only had two models for freezers. We picked the Frigidaire, but delivery would be $50 if we went with their service. Being Chinese, the sales associate recommended owning a van, but we didn't, so he called his friend who did and made arrangements to have it delivered after his shift today for $25. That's very easy money, considering I live about a block away.

Another appointment with my fantastic family doctor today, then I went to Pacific Mall today for two to three hours or so and ended up owing my Aunt Tiffany $50. I'll write about what I bought another day, because it's getting late and I have a very long and early day ahead of me tomorrow. I'm hoping that I'll be able to make good use of my time, because I intend on crocheting a bolero to match the two-piece dress I purchased. I bought a lot of things today. I place the blame of insufficient funds on the prescription medications that I had payed in cash instead of using my mom's debit card.

I was showing what I had gotten and tried on my clothes for my mom to see, then dragged out some old stuff and just as I was changing out of my last outfit, the doorbell rang. He was supposed to be here after 6 PM, but it was only 5:45 PM. I was putting on my clothes as I raced down the stairs and finished right before opening the door. He said he needed assistance to move it out of the van. Of course, my dad wasn't home yet, so "I guess that'd be me" and he looked at me, in my ruffled top and brand new black chiffon skirt. He sighed and told me to put on my shoes, so I added on my pleather jacket while I was at it, because it was quite windy and cold. The cardboard carton was slippery and I slipped once, but I kept thinking about Mr. Mitchell saying, "I may be thin, but I am wiry." After just a few inches forward, my mom was yelling at me from the top of the staircase to get away and let the guy do it himself. I told her that he'd told/asked/demanded me to help him, so that was what I was doing and I was fine. After a few moments, she started yelling at him that I had an injury, etc. Seriously, it's a freezer. How is he supposed to get it from his van into our kitchen on his own, without any other equipment, taking it apart or trashing it?

When we got to the porch steps, he asked if I had a ramp or trolley of some sort. Hmm...Nope. He had no idea how we'd get it up the steps. I suggested that we bumped it up one level at a time, but he seemed dissatisfied with it for some reason, but we did manage. I was very pleased to find that it fit in the space beside the cupboards where the fish tank used to be. He asked for a knife and my mom asked if scissors were okay. No and I couldn't find my Exacto or box cutters, because my dad confiscated or threw all of them out. I had another one, but I'd have to run upstairs, so I got him a paring knife, which worked just fine. I spent a good portion of this evening scrubbing our filthy, overcrowded refrigerator and organizing everything between the two. My vegetables get their own drawer in the cool side of the fridge and my parents' meats get another. There is a lot of ancient garbage that my parents aren't willing to throw away in there. Some of it is probably older than I am.

The category that took up the most space in the fridge was definitely the two large drawers of Chinese herbs and medicines, so I moved all of that to the very bottom of the new freezer and it took up about half of it. All my frozen vegan food went on top.

I have a lot of plans to make a lot of things, but not enough time! Blogging takes up a good chunk of my day, because I like to edit several times and add things to it until I'm satisfied with it. I'm also very forgetful, so I have to keep coming back to add to it. Even now, I have things I want to add to previous posts, but I'll make an update in a future post if it happens to be convenient.

No comments: