Saturday, April 7, 2007

Little i : Peppermint

About a week ago, I went with my dad to Shopper's Drug Mart to pick up toothpaste or something like that. Just as we were checking out, I happened to see this little box:


Because of the situation with my teeth, I've been warned not to chew gum anymore. Oh, what ever shall I do?!
I just like the chewing sensation, so it's rare to find me without any gum either between my jaws or somewhere in my bag or pockets. I've been trying to replace the habit with breath mints, but it's not quite the same. The price for it was $3.99 and I was hesitant to buy it, but my dad was already almost finished ringing up the bill so he told me to just get it.

On the bottom left corner of the tin that has a net weight of 8g, it's labeled "Mirror Inside" and I thought that was rather bizarre, while on the lower right corner it claimed its contents were "Sugar Free Mints". After removing the protective cellophane, it slides open with a click and, to close it, it slides, clicks and is securely locked in place.


It may be difficult to see, but there is a hole in the top left corner where the tiny mints fall out and there is a mirror that fills the rest of the area. In the bottom left corner, it reminds the consumer of its brand: "Little i"

I didn't take a picture of the back, because that would be rather pointless since the quality of my cameras are so poor. It declares that "Little i: Mirror Mints" have a patent pending. The ingredients are as follows: Sorbitol, Calcium Stearate, Peppermint Oil, Menthol, Sucralose (Splenda Brand); in both English and French. As for Nutrition Facts for every two mints (0.28g), it contains no fat or protein and minuscule amounts for both carbohydrates and sugar alcohol (0.24g each) and has only one calorie.

I find that it's interesting that the mints are made in Canada, the tin is made in China, while the head office is located in Washington, USA.

Overall, it's very minty and refreshing. Some mints require having to take several at a time, but this one is strong enough on its own or maybe with a second one. With a great product, creative package design and a fair price, Little i: Peppermint comes highly recommended by me :]

No comments: