Thursday, April 5, 2007

Monkey Business

Mike paid me a visit shortly after he had heard about my accident. It was a pleasant surprise, because he just showed up on my doorstep one day when my dad answered the door. I hadn't known that he had my address, but he had remembered that I lived directly across the street from Yvonne, whom he had worked on a physics project with.

He brought Less Than Zero by Bret Easton Ellis to give me to read when I was still recovering, and since then, I've purchased all of the books by the same author. All of the books that I have read so far have been made into movies: Less Than Zero, Rules of Attraction, and American Psycho. The books are always better than the movies. I still have yet to read Glamorama, Lunar Park and The Informers (a series of short stories, unrelated to the previous books). As a parting gift in return, I gave him my most recent creation at the time, which is the monkey to the right. Since I have a tendency to forget to take pictures first, he was kind enough to take pictures of him and send them to me :]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey this is Jessy from fireelement.com can you make me an animal? Your animals all look so cute! my e-mail is MacandJack@hotmail.com